Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Joy" School

I joined a neighborhood preschool for Abby which we started the beginning of September. There are five children and four other mothers that are involved. I started the first week with the letter A and the number 1. We made "A" books, made Apple Jacks cereal necklaces and colored and glued noodles to paper in the shape of the number 1. The rotation has gone through the other moms and it was my turn to host again this week. I was supposed to do letter f, and then letter j in November, but I decided to switch the letters of the week and teach J this week and F in November. On Tuesday, I taught the children about Jack and the Beanstalk and we planted some "magic" beans that I had found. Today for the activity, I purchased some small pumpkins and they painted their Jack-O-Lantern. It was really fun. I meant to take some pictures of them painting the pumpkins, but I forgot, so I will just post the finished products. I made some wheat bread and served it with some plum jam that Adam and I bottled for snack. It was a hit.

2 comments: